Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Next Two Books

As everyone knows one of my main problems with writing is my books tend to be shorter than I want and most of you want. Originally the Reawakening Saga was intended to be 7 books but I decided to condense the last three books into two books. This will hopefully make for two longer books Stranded Mage and Master Mage.

For those of you who don't want the story to come to an end don't worry it really isn't. this is simply the first arc in a three arc story. I have decided that the Reawakening Saga will be the brand of my world a lot like they do on forgotten realms and dragon lance. I haven't thought of a name for the next arc but I do have the story well in mind and it will be a lot more fun as the world will already have its foundation. other than that I am also working on side stories both in the world of the Reawakening Saga and outside of it.  I even have a few started that have nothing at all to do with the fantasy genera.

to all my readers thank you for taking the time to read my works and I hope you continue to support me. any time you want feel free to email me or leave a comment on the blog I will do my best to answer you. and if I ever make it on the new York times ebook best seller list I will throw one hell of a party with an open invitation, to well everyone. in the end an author can do squat without the readers.

time for me to get back to work on Stranded Mage. hope everyone has a good book to read and a happy thanksgiving.  

5 comments:

  1. Would love for you ton condense the 3 books since I love a long but not drawn out book. Although if there is enough content like yours then I'm fine with the occasional short novel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the series! I think its a great idea, the three arcs plan. I really enjoy reading the books, and I think that as long as the books are published regularly and relatively often, the length won't throw off any readers. I was thinking that if you wanted, I could maybe help with the editing of some chapters from previous or forthcoming books? I don't mind the spelling and the grammar mistakes, but I know its getting in the way of some people, preventing them from enjoying the books to their full extent. I have a lot of free time, and I think it would be a lot of fun to help you. Please think about it! Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. veeti I am always for beta readers and anyone to tell me where I have mad a mistake in one of my boos so that I can fix them. eel free to contact me at dwjacks01@yahoo.com time you would like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit, at times it becomes difficult to stay focused with some of the errors in the books, but I love that you release a new one every few months. Please don't get a style like George R. R. Martin and wait years between writing. With his books and others like Jordan and Eddings, I tend to lose my connection with the characters because I forget the details of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the reason trad published book take so long is that its a long process. first is a storyboard to get approved then a first draft then it takes months for them to send it back with editorial remarks. it can take a long time for this to happen but in the end you get a superior product and the readers pay the higher prices. for me I keep it simple. I write the book and soon will have it edited then if its below 300 pages price it at 2.99 if its above 3.99. with each book I also am getting better. I hope to put out a book every other month this next year but sometimes it might skip around but I will try my best.

    ReplyDelete