Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Next Big Thing

I have been tagged by fantasy author Deborah Jay author of "The Prince's Man" http://deborahjayauthor.com/about/

What is the working title of your next book?
Stranded Mage

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I tend to have very lucid dreams. not to mention I day dream a lot and this story just happened to be one of those dreams. I sometimes think that it might be possible that our dreams link us to a different reality, and that maybe somewhere out there my world and characters really exist, and I am simply telling their story.

What genre does your book fall under?
Broadly speaking, Epic or traditional fantasy
.
What actors would you choose to play the characters in a movie rendition?
That's a hard one and honestly I can not think of an actor for my characters.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
overcoming the odds, fighting to get back home with a devastated heart.

is your book represented by an agency?
No

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I don't do first drafts. whenever I overthink a story and go over it more than a few times I end up tearing it to shreds and what's left is not worth reading. I prefer to trust my instincts.

What other books would you compare this to within your genre?
Not sure I want to compare, but I would like to think it could stand up on its own against a few of the bigger names out there.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?
my family, especially my sister who has supported me a great deal while I have been writing.

What else about this book might pique the reader’s interest?
this story unlike many of my others will be a lot more involved. you will get to see a side of Thad you haven't got to see before.


If you’d like to be tagged for The Next Big Thing, let me know. I will be tagging and adding other authors very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment