Monday, September 22, 2014

Win A Trip To Japan

I am horrible at advertising. It is a fact. Right now youtube is the best way to advertise, so i was thinking what would be the best way to reward my fans and at the same time find a way to advertise. This is what i came up with is his. "Make a youtube video promoting my books or one of my books and send me the link at dwjacks01@yahoo.com. Videos must have a link to my amazon page. (http://tinyurl.com/dwjacksonbooks The top 10 videos and put their names in a hat to be drawn at random. You can make as many videos as you want, but your name can only be entered into the drawing once. Deadline for the video will be Jan 1st and the winner will be decided Jan 15th. The winner will get 1 round trip ticket to Japan for a week, paid hotel room, and $500 spending money. Trip must be taken within a year of end of contest.)

Things you need to know before you enter: You will need a passport/ or visa. If you dont have one it only costs about 120 dollars in the states. If you live outside of the U.S. you are still eligible as long as it is legal for you in your country. If you are the winner I will need to know what airport you will fly out of (International airport.), your address and name. (This is only if you win so I can book the tickets, so do not send this personal info with you link to the youtube video.) Now if you win and you wish someone else to go in your place that is fine with me. If you are under the age of 18 you must have your parent's permission before entering the contest. If you don't want the trip you may instead request  $1500 that will come on a prepaid visa card. If you have any questions you can contact dwjacks01@yahoo.com

Secondly if I get 20 normal registrations and at least 10 from NPO's (schools, boy scouts, girl scouts,  or other groups that are trying to raise money for a good cause) then I will have a second drawing just for them for $1500.

Please be advised this is a personal contest. I am not a big company, so once you decide on your dates and it is booked it can not be changed. You will need to pick your dates at least 3 to 4 weeks in advance to help ensure that there will be a flight available. (Subject to rules and laws governed by your state or country.)...That is all.

My goal is to have 50 entries. If I do then I will most likely hold a trip giveaway once a year with different destinations each time. So even if you don't want to make a quick video, send it to someone who might.

Rule clarifications

Length: from 2-10 minuets long.

Subject: It can be about anything you want as long as you can find a way to work either me or one of my books into it. go wild have fun and try to make it as interesting as possible.

Judges: the judges are the jvbloggers. so far i believe it will consist of Victor, Rachel, Jun, Shane, Regan, and maybe even Hiko.

Number of entries allowed: Any video submitted to me will be entered into the contest but your name can only go into the hat once so it will be ten different people who are chosen.

Deadline for submission: submissions will be closed on Jan first at 12pm(noon) central U.S. time.

Age: you must be at least 18 or have your parents permission. in the case you are under 18 then it will be your parents who will be officially submitting.

You do not have to purchase or pay to enter the contest and doing so does not increase your chances of winning.

Legal notices:
Youtube is not a sponsor of this contest and is not liable for legal actions because of the contest. also below are their community guidelines and terms of service.

Privacy notice: No data or user information will be used in for any other purpose than for the contest.
http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines
http://www.youtube.com/static?gl=US&template=terms


FAQ

1Q) How long does the video have to be?
A) 2-10 minutes.

2Q) what does the video have to be about?
A) whatever you want as long as it in some way promotes the book.

3Q) what defines the best video?
A) the videos the judges fund the most compelling or interesting.

4Q) does it go by views on the video?
A) No. The judges which are jvbloggers just like Victor will be choosing the winning ten videos that will be entered for the drawing.

5Q) how many people get to go?
A) one.

6Q) does it have to be in English?
A) No but i would suggest you put English subtitles so that the judges know what you are saying.

7Q) What if you are under 18?
A) get your parents permission and if you are too young to go then take the money and put it back for a trip for when you graduate.

8Q) what kind of video does it have to be a review of one of the books?
A) Any kind of video as long as it promotes one or all of my books in some manner. No it does not have to be a review.

9Q) Why is the winner randomly drawn out of the 10 best picks?
A) That way it reduces the chances for their to be any foul pay with the winner. We all have different tastes and i am sure that the judges will find it hard to agree on their absolute favorite.

10Q) Why don't you judge them?
A) because that would leave too large a possibility that the contest is rigged.

11Q) I have a question that is not answered in this post what do I do?
A) you can email me and ask at dwjacks01@yahoo.com

25 comments:

  1. Oh my goood This is AMAZING THANK YOU SOOMUCH FOR THIS CONTEST !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome! Hey you might also want to post it over here: https://www.onlinevideocontests.com/ if you haven't already

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many people can go with you on the trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says under FAQ question 5 (;1 person can go for free)

      Delete
  4. I just submitted my contribution. I hope I win!
    I really have a interest in starting spin off from my main YouTube content were I use the experiences I have inside Japan to help teach Kanji in new fun ways. Maybe even get some Collaborations done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok sorry, I think this is the 3rd time I post this same comment. But I just wasn't sure if it posted. This time I'm gonna put the little check mark to notify me if you answer. Is there any order in which I should read the books? (sorry for asking so many times)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. inexperienced mage followed by the rest of the main reawakening saga books. after that the timeless mage trilogy then the scion trilogy.

      Delete
  6. How many entries have you had so far?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Is it OK to use the copy on the synopsis?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you going to have this contest again next year for the trip to Japan? I have been recovering from surgery and unable to work on it. I probably won't make the deadline. I wish I could just start working on it for 2015 instead. I'm curious. It's really stressful knowing this chance has slipped past me, but I have not been feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says above that he may do it every year with different destinations each time.

      Delete
  9. Will you be posting the winner on your blog? I don't know if the winner was decided already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When will we know Who the winner is? I'm super exciteed! >w<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very briefly in a recent video Victor mentioned that the winner will now be chosen on Feb 14th (Valentines day) due to the number of entries being over 140 instead of the expected 50 or so. I was a little confused by this because nobody else has said anything about that.

      Delete
    2. I had to go hunting through his videos to figure out which one it was, but he says here, about 35 minutes in.
      http://youtu.be/pPi_j6z_bWY?t=35m46s

      Delete
    3. That's me hahah the black guy with the hat! haha....But anyway thanks for letting us know because I was like uhhhhh??!?! what's going on here lol

      Delete
    4. Perhaps DW should mention it on his blog?

      Delete
  11. Ahh now I understeand :) Thank you so much! ^w^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited to find out the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh noes! I missed this!...but going to Japan anyways for a week(there goes 3 years of savings XD)so good luck to everyone who entered! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed this one and the one that came after it too. :)

      Delete